Things that Happened in August
- I arrived home after World Youth Day! It was an amazing experience but it is always good to come home.
- After arriving home, I read five books in four days. I hadn’t read any novels in the three weeks I was gone and I must have been making up for lost time.
- The weather here is kind of crazy. It is really smoky with all the forest fires around. Some days I won’t even open the windows because the smoke is hanging so thick in the air.
- School started for my students last week. It is good to be back, even if it is completely crazy (as the beginning of every school year is).
- My grad classes started a week ago. I am a bit overwhelmed right not and it is strange to think of myself as a student again. It has been quite a few years.
My Favorite Book of August
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
See How They Run by Ally Carter
Series: Embassy Row #2
Publisher: Scholastic (2015)
Paperback (336 pages)
Also by this author: All Fall Down Also in this series: All Fall Down Reading Challenges: Read 2016
Inside every secret, there's a world of trouble. Get ready for the second book in this new series of global proportions--from master of intrigue, New York Times bestselling author Ally Carter.
Grace's past has come back to hunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down.
The twists get twistier and the turns get even more shocking in the second thrilling installment of Embassy Row.
Find the book: Goodreads, Amazon, Book Depository