St. Patrick's Summer by Marigold Hunt
Publisher: Sophia Institute Press (1950)
Paperback (277 pages)
Reading Challenges: 2016 Backlist Books
, Read 2016
Between catechism lessons taught by saints, the children travel back in time to witness persecuted Catholics risking their lives to attend furtive Masses in Roman days, in Reformation England, and in the Soviet Union just a few decades ago. Through words and witnessing, deeds and doctrine, adventurous Michael and Cecilia learn the central truths of our Catholic Faith and discover how important they are, even today.
Find the book: Goodreads, Amazon, Book Depository
Things that Happened in October
- First of all, is October really over already!! Where did October go?
- I had my first really bad glutening in quite some time yesterday. It was terrible. People have also been questioning my food choices which prompted this Twitter thread.
- As I am working on this, I have such a terrible headache that I hope this manages to look half-way decent when it posts.
- Grad school has been exhausting me on top of teaching and everything else I do.
- I just started a Facebook page for the blog but there isn’t a whole lot there yet.
- I didn’t get as much read as I should have this month. I am falling behind on grad school reading and ARCs.
My Favorite Book of October
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake