Today I ran across the 2015 Discussion Challenge. This sounds like something that would be good for me to do, mainly by making sure that I am posting more than just reviews, Top Ten Tuesdays, and Friday 56s. Which, I must say, is what has been happening this past month more than not. Therefore, I will attempt this challenge.
The rules of the challenge are as follows (copied from It Starts At Midnight):
- The 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014.
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Central
- You DO NOT have to have a book blog to join this challenge. If you don’t have a book blog, you may link up to discussions that you’ve started on Goodreads groups.
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is.
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- Every month, we’ll update this 2015 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky – so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2015 on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January discussions. At the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both blogs for that month’s links.
- If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates though.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2015 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
I am going to aim for Discussion Dabbler which is 1-12 discussions this year.
Behold, the books!
There are nineteen new physical books to add to my shelves this month. Yay!
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice.
- Grab a book, any book.
- Turn to page 56 (or 56% on ebook).
- Find any sentence that grabs you.
- Post it.
- Link it at Freda’s Voice.