Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly link-up hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s list is the Top Ten Books I’m Anticipating for the 1st Half of 2016. Well, I’m going to list these ten by publication date. If they share the same publication date, then author’s last name comes into play. One of them isn’t technically the first half of 2016 but I don’t care. I still NEED it! These title all have such gorgeous covers that I could say that I picked them only for their covers… and it wouldn’t necessarily be a lie. With the covers and the synopses, I can’t wait to read these books!
1. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (March 1)
Okay. A female descendant of Sherlock Holmes with descendant of John Watson have to solve a mystery? Sign me up for this one. It sounds great.
2. The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller (March 8)
This cover is absolutely gorgeous and the synopsis sounds so promising. Plus, there is the name Elodie. I LOVE that name.
3. Map of Fates by Maggie Hall (March 8)
After the way The Conspiracy of Us ended, I need to find out what happens next.
4. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski (March 29)
First of all, YAY that they are keeping the hardcover cover the same so it will match my others! Also, this book needs to come IMMEDIATELY!
5. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (April 26)
Ummm… that’s not a very good synopsis at all. However, this is a wonderful series that I don’t want to end. I can’t wait to read The Raven King and the cover is absolutely breath-taking!
6. The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh (May 3)
Give. Me. This. NOW! I need this so, so bad.
7. The Crown by Kiera Cass (May 3)
Yet another pretty cover and the end of a series. I am a bit torn about this one. I do want to finish the series and see what choices Eadlyn makes but at the same time I really hope that Eadlyn grows up a bit more.
8. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (May 3)
Gorgeous cover? Check. Based on Hindi mythology? Check. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!
9. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (June 7)
So not the best synopsis but it mentions The Princess Bride! How can I not want to read this?
10. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E Pearson (August 2)
Again, a rather terrible synopsis but it will probably get better as there are months until this is released. I can’t wait to find out what happens to Lia.
These are the Top Ten Books I’m Anticipating for 2016. Feel free to share yours as well and check out the rest of them at The Broke and the Bookish.