It is hard to believe that my blog is a year old! When did that happen?
To celebrate this crazy, beautiful, amazing year, I have decided to host a series of giveaways. The giveaways will all be Kindle ebooks since those are cheaper and I can send them internationally much easier. 🙂 Today’s theme is Shouting Out.
With the theme today being Shouting Out, I’m going to shout out some of the things I love.
- The Rosary is an easy way to start this list off. In case you were unaware, October is the month of the Rosary. Therefore, I could leave that off this list. I love the Rosary! If you are unsure what I’m talking about or just want to learn more about the Rosary, I would recommend Rosary Army. They have a wonderful list of resources and will even send you a free Rosary!
- Sleeping is something I love to no end. I just wish I could sleep longer. You know what I mean? Anyway, I feel that being a teacher leaves one more sleep deprived and exhausted than anyone outside the field can possibly imagine. So, yeah, I love sleep.
- Even though my job may be partially responsible for my lack of meaningful sleep, I love my job. I am a teacher in the special education room at my local 5th-6th grade school. I love what I do even when I sometimes complain about the kids or how nothing gets accomplished. Some days are wonderful and tons of great stuff happens. Other days are terrible and the children are monsters. Hint: This coming week is going to me a monster week since it is Red Ribbon Week and there are themed dress-up days every day of the week. *sigh*
- I love how pretty is looks when it snows. Since winter is coming (in more ways than one), I will soon get to see everything covered in a glittering white blanket. To me, snow is the one and only thing that makes the winter cold okay in any way. If there is snow on the ground, at least there is a reason for the cold. The mountains where I live also look absolutely gorgeous when they are snow-covered. This may be one of the best things about living in middle-of-nowhere Montana.
- I love finding restaurants where I can eat. I have a bunch of eating restrictions, largely due to allergies and such. The biggest hurdle to finding a place to eat out when I’m in the city is celiac. Mine was only diagnosed after I graduated from high school so I’ve only been dealing with this for seven years but it still sucks. I can say that there is definitely more in the stores now that I can eat than there was when I first got the diagnosis. Montana doesn’t have quite as much as other places in the country, or world, but there is enough… sometimes.
- I love skirts and dresses. I wear them all the time and the kids at school comment on it quite a bit. I’ve been wearing mainly skirts since high school and have no plans to stop. Fun fact: I only own a couple of pairs of pants and very rarely wear them. True story.
- I love to read (or else I wouldn’t have started this blog with a focus on reading). Books in general are pretty awesome. In particular, I love the book Green Rider by Kristen Britain and the entire awesomely epic and insanely addicting series. Yeah, you’re probably sick of me talking about it. 🙂
Now for this giveaway…
Today is a Kindle ebook copy of Green Rider by Kristen Britain. I have been talking about this book (and series) quite a bit in the last week or so and I think EVERYONE needs to read it. I think I could almost be standing outside shouting this to the rooftops… if I lived somewhere where that might actually work, like a city or something. Therefore, it made its way into my week of bookish giveaways. 🙂
- You have to be at least 18 years old. I’m in the United States and don’t want to get into the legal stuff with minors. If you are under 18, you need to be at least 16 and have parental permission. If you are younger than that, log out of Rafflecopter using the little menu on the upper right of the giveaway widget and have your parent/guardian log in.
- The winner will be chosen by random via Rafflecopter.
- Once the giveaway winner is contacted (November 2nd), they have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
- You have to be able to receive Kindle ebooks with a valid email address.
Good Luck! The giveaway winner will be contacted on November 2nd. The winner must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner will be selected. I am going to verify entries so please don’t cheat.
Also, since I have a list of seven things, I’m going to link up with Seven Quick Takes.
Seven Quick Takes is a weekly link-up hosted by This Ain't The Lyceum.