I really love Christmas with my family. We have some wonderful traditions that we follow (almost) every year.
- Christmas Eve Mass –> Usually it is Midnight Mass. This year it was 7pm as my little sister had surgery a week ago and wouldn’t have been up to midnight.
- Deep-Fried Food –> We always have deep-fried food after Mass when we get home. It doesn’t matter how late it is (or early in the morning). I used to love deep-fried cheese curds but now the no-gluten means that I get to make the most delicious gluten-free apple fritters. Yum.
- Presents –> Presents are always opened after the deep-fried food snack. My parents always liked to sleep in on Christmas Day so presents were always after Midnight Mass.
- Steaks for Lunch –> This is a new tradition since we moved away from most of the family. Before we moved it would be to my mom’s brother’s place for Christmas lunch. Now, my dad makes steaks on the grill.
- Christmas Movies –> Christmas Day is when we like to watch various Christmas movies. This year we watched my favorite, The Nativity Story.