Things that Happened in August
- I returned home from summer camp! It was a fun time but I am glad to be home.
- I survived the days of smoke so thick I could not see more than a block ahead of me. When I went to drive into town, my vehicle put the auto-lights on because it thought it was night. It has never been this bad that I recall. Yay for the forest fires of Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Canada.
- I started school again. Back in the classroom with fifth and sixth grade students.
- Speaking of being back in the classroom, I’m going to leave you with one very short sentence: I hate lice! (Thankfully I do not have any.)
Books I Read in August
Books I Reviewed in August
Other August Posts
- I’m Back from Camp!
- My First Swap
- My Auto-Buy Authors
- I Survived Camp! – This post contains some of my pictures and a bit more about camp.
- Back to School & a Giveaway – Check out this giveaway. It is open internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you. 🙂
- The Classics Club 50 Question Survey
Books I Plan to Read in September
Things I’m Looking Forward to in September
- Next weekend is supposed to be a camping weekend in Glacier National Park but, with all the fires up there and roads closed, I’m not sure what is going to happen for sure. Either way, my sister will be with us.
- My Back to School Giveaway will end and I will get to award one lucky winner with a book from my All Time Favorites list.
Challenge Progress Update
You Read How Many Books? ChallengeFairytale Retelling Challenge
- Completed in August
- Sponsa Verbi by Columba Marmion
- Introduction to the Devout Life by Saint Francis de Sales
- Walking with Jesus by Pope Francis
- Fire Study by Maria V Snyder
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles
- A Thousand Nights by E K Johnston
- Forsworn by Emily Wibberley
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Completed in April
- A Thousand Nights by E K Johnston (The Thousand and One Nights)